Our Treasured Chain of Lakes
Our Treasured Chain of Lakes is a book under work by the Valparaiso Chain of Lakes Watershed Group. The book is built on the expertise of many of our members and affiliates. Many of the chapters have been completed and are being edited by our copy editor, Samantha Cornwell. For more information on the progress of this book, please email the Valparaiso Chain of Lakes Watershed Group.
Once completed, this book will be published. More information on how to purchase your copy of Our Treasured Chain of Lakes will be found here as the book nears publication!
Below is the table of the contents of the book:
PART I: NATURE
PART II: SOCIETY & CULTURE:
Engineering, Law, Sociology, Political Science
11. Human Inhabitants by Kevin Breitzke (req) Phil Doolittle forwarded historical photos to Kevin.
a. Native Americans b. Early Settlers c. Inter-Urban Line d. Recent Development
12. Literature? poetry? Art: photos or paintings of the lakes region?
13. Recreational Uses by Kevin Breitzke & Phil Doolittle
14. Ecosystem Management by VCW Steering Committee (Problems associated with E. coli, invasive plants and animals, and problems associated with human development will each be addressed in their respective chapters). Sewers: Phil Doolittle might be a good one to provide background on septic and sanitary sewer issues Aquatic Invasives ….
15. Water Quality: Bryant S. Mitol (Hoosier Riverwatch) firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Goals and Objectives